Cabbage & Green Beans


Yes, I know that doesn't sound all that appetizing, especially blended together. 
I am here to reassure you! Personally, I try to make it a point to taste everything I cook up for my little one. 

The Story Behind the GREENS:
There are two reasons I decided to make this in the first place. The first being that we are on a budget this week and there is barely anything in our fridge/pantry. I'm sure some of y'all have been there. The second reason (the most important one) is I noticed that a lot of the "stage 1" foods I was making all had some sort of natural sugar. Some of these include; sweet potato, butternut squash, bananas and I also buy apple sauce (only the unsweetened one of course) for emergencies. Now sugar isn't bad but feeding your baby a lot of foods with natural sugars is going to give them that sweet tooth a little earlier than one would hope. Also, when that happens, they get used to that sweetness and it'll be hard to get them to eat those other savory and delicious food! 
Now here is how I made my cabbage and green beans not so bland:


 First - I sauteed my green beans and cabbage on the stove with olive oil and a touch of garlic powder.
Second - Once the green beans and cabbage are cooked just throw it in the blender or food processor (I use my baby bullet) and blend it up. If you need to add a little more liquid, you can use a touch of olive oil (that is what I did) or water. The water will make it bland.
Third - Make sure it is cooled before feeding or putting a lid on it to put in the Fridge!









I almost forgot the most important step! Poor yourself a glass of something yummy to drink while you cook!๐Ÿ˜‹

Personally I had a whiskey-brew from my family brewery in Ridgecrest California! 




Anyways I hope y'all enjoy! And God Bless๐Ÿ’—

Comments