Electronics - Prepare to be "mommy-shamed"


Alright y'all, this is getting a little out of hand. And when I say a little I mean A LOT!
Image result for kids on phonesLOOK at this! Is this really how little children are supposed to be spending their day?
Don't you want your child playing with toys and being outside and just being a kid!?

How can kids be kids when all they are used to is a screen?

If you get offended easily then here is you're warning, you will probably get offended by what I am about to say๐Ÿ˜Š


When you give a child a phone or tablet or computer and they play on that from when they are so little they get this mentality that when they click on something on the phone, something happens right away. It is immediate results. Well here is a shocker but literally nothing in life comes that fast unless you're on an electronic device. So why would you want your child getting used to that immediate satisfaction that something happened right when they wanted it? You are basically making YOUR life more difficult.

In my personal opinion (and I know it is not the most popular one) is that handing your kid that device is just plain LAZY! Yes, it definitely earned all caps on that one.
I can't tell you how many times I go into restaurants and there is a little kid anywhere from less than a year to maybe 6 or 7 and they start to get even the tiniest bit fussy. Well two seconds later, BAM here comes mom or dad's phone or the child's own personal tablet(which is even worse). They just want their kid to be quiet so they can chit chat among themselves. Now don't get me wrong, I would love a meal where my son doesn't start fussing before I am even done. But thanks to parenthood and you know, responsibilities, that probably won't happen for a very long time. Oh, and God forbid they even try to take the device away from the child. It turns into the biggest tantrum ever! So what happens next you ask? I'll tell you, they give it back! YES, I know! Insane.
But you know as much as the parents handing over that device bugs me, the thing that really just irks me is that the show they are watching is so stinkin' loud! I could be 5 tables down and I can hear it. That my friends is ridiculous. We all know kid shows are absolutely stupid and annoying so why have it up so loud? You are disturbing everyone else around you. So please if you're one of those people just turn it down or just give your kid a toy or coloring book so they can use their imagination and just be a kid!

Let's talk about TV."Oh, here we go, there is more." I know that is going through your head right now. I want to start by saying I am not completely against TV for kids. But I am against too much TV. I have plenty of friends with kids and every single one of them have the TV on 95% of the time. Even during dinner usually. That is a bit excessive in my opinion.
What I did with my son is that he was not even aloud to look at a screen until very recently. He is now 8.5 months old and we "introduced" the TV probably about a month ago. We also have rules about watching the TV as well. They are; no eating a watching, and only for 1-2 hours a day. I'll explain why.
1. No eating while watching TV - This honestly is a rule for myself and him. When you watch TV and eat you aren't paying attention to your body and what it tells you. So you get into this "munchy-mode" and well that is how you get fat and unhealthy.
2.Only 1-2 hours a day - I sometimes need an hour or so of chill time just because my son is so active but I still want him to be a kid. I never want him to watch TV for so long that he starts to zone for hours on end. That isn't good for their brain development. And also you don't use your imagination when you're watching TV, nothing is happening in your head.
My son is awesome though, even when I turn on Tom & Jerry or Rugrats or something he watches for maybe 20 minutes and then he wants to play with his toys. He doesn't like to just sit and watch. I honestly believe that is because we didn't let him watch TV for the first 7.5 months of his life.

This is just some food for thought for y'all and I just had to get this rant out๐Ÿ˜Š

God Bless Y'all๐Ÿ’“


Comments