Deliciously Healthy Baby Breakfast!



My son has one of three things for breakfast. Sometimes he has technically two breakfasts! I swear he is already trying to eat me out of house and home at only 11 month old! 

He has a pretty set in stone morning routine, just as every child should. He wakes up about 6:30 every morning, diaper gets changed and he gets two scoops of formula. That is supposed to only be with 4 ounces of water but I fill up his sippy cup all the way. While he is drinking that, I make his breakfast. I try and wait 30 minutes before giving him solid food after his bottle. 
Most days he has Old Fashioned Oats with chia seeds and a little bit of coconut milk mixed in after the oatmeal is set. Some days I will give him yogurt but it is non dairy.  I put pictures of the products I use.
Image result for so deliciousImage result for heb old fashioned oatsImage result for central market chia seeds

The third option is usually for weekends when my husband is home and wants me to make him breakfast as well. It is scrambled eggs with avocado on the side. The thing I like about this one is that he can feed himself. It gets a little messy but that is the beauty of having a child! Make sure the avocados are organic and the eggs are cage-free!

So back to his schedule. Generally he eats his breakfast (normally the oatmeal) around 7. Then we play until 8ish and he goes to take a nap! He is currently in the middle of that nap as I am writing this blog post! When he wakes up around 9-9:30 he will be a little hungry but not ready for his next bottle, this is when he gets his "second breakfast." BUT that is only if he is hungry, sometimes he just has green juice or carrot juice. Maybe even just water, don't feed your babies unless they are hungry. You will create munchers!! I am STILL trying to get out of that habit I developed as a teenager.

I hope your little ones enjoy these different breakfast ideas! 

God Bless Y'all๐Ÿ’“

Comments