Let the investigation begin! - COMPLETED!

My son, as mentioned in my last post, is teething extremely bad right now. I didn't want to give him Tylenol so I went to HEB (my grocery store) and bought some Hyland's Baby Products. 
I purchased both the Oral Pain Relief Tablets, one for nighttime and one for day time. I have used Hyland's Brand before and I LOVE their stuff. They are homeopathic and all natural which is why I love them. I bought these on Sunday the 24th. He got 2 doses of the daytime and then 1 dose of the night time later, before bed.
I also recently got Skin So Soft because it is notorious for repelling mosquitos, which we have a lot of down here in Texas.  I also put that on him on Sunday, for the first time, because he really wanted to be outside. 

Now, flash forward to Monday morning, he wakes up and has a small rash. Well this ends up spreading all over his back, front, neck and face by noon. So, some kind of allergic reaction. Now I have to figure out what it is! 

There is no rash on his arms or legs so I don't think it is the Skin So Soft. 
He had no reaction during the day on Sunday when he had the daytime tablets from Hyland so I don't think it could be that.
So only thing left is the night time Hyland's. Easy enough, right? WRONG!
The only ingredient in the night time that he hasn't consumed in the past is the " Magnesia Phosphorica 12X HPUS." This ingredient is used to temporary relief from teething, cramps and dry cough. 
I have been researching this for over an hour and I can't find any known side effects from it....So the investigation continues..

I will keep y'all posted!

God Bless
To Be Continued...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/2/18
Alright, the investigation is completed!!
The rash started to fade on Thursday last week and was completely gone by Friday.

It turned out to neither be the Skin So Soft or the night time tablets.
As I did my research on rashes, I concluded that is must have been "Fifth Disease" also known as Erythema Infectiosum. It is a virus infection that symptoms match up perfectly to Carter's; low fever, cold symptoms, rash (on arms, legs, and trunk) and "slapped cheek."
According to my research, it is a typically mild virus that resolves on its own. However, if you're pregnant, anemic, have cancer or a week immune system it can be very serious. Luckily in Carter's case he has none of these.

This can last for 2 weeks sometimes. I was giving Carter Immune support by Zarabee's and I think that really helped move things along quickly.

So, there it is! Case Closed!!

Comments